Other Ways to Earn Credit
Add credits toward your degree
We offer access to no-cost general education courses through our affiliate, Sophia Learning, to help you earn credits toward your bachelor’s. You can also save on your degree with prior education, military experience, work experience, proven skills and more.
See all the ways you can earn credits you could use toward completing your degree.
Get your degree fast
We’re here to help you find a quick, affordable route to getting all the credits you need for your degree. There are many paths to getting there, including accessing no-cost gen eds through Sophia that immediately transfer to Strayer upon successful completion.
For more information about alternative credit requirements, please refer to the Strayer University catalog.
From Strayer’s own Challenge Exam, you can test out of certain required courses if you’ve already mastered the skills.
- Prove your college-level knowledge
- Many Strayer classes are eligible
- Exams starting at just $20
Use your experience
Show us what you know. Submit your previous experience: Transfer credits from other schools or send us your military record and professional certifications.
- Transfer credits
- Corporate and military training and other certifications
- Life experience can count, too
Take other affordable online classes
We award credit for select online courses taught by other organizations. Earn your degree fast and save on tuition.
- Submitted courses reviewed by Strayer for quality
- Save up to $15,250 on your Strayer bachelor’s degree by accessing your general education courses through our affiliate, Sophia Learning*
- Low-cost, self-paced courses offered by Straighterline
- Many online degree courses available to help you control your costs
*Savings assumes transferring 10 courses taken at Strayer affiliate, Sophia Learning. Eligibility rules apply. Connect with us for details.